Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

A craft a day keeps the boredom away!

I never claim to have the most original of ideas, because thanks to Pinterest everybody has your idea!
But this one came to me due to the fact that I don't hang up a lot of the kids art work due to :
1. Lack of frames
2. It's too much work to frame all of their art work all of the time.
So here's my "TIP OF THE SUMMER"
Use the back of a plain white gift box and tape the inside corners so it will stay open and there you have an instant canvas.  You can hang it up on your existing nails or depending on the size of the box you might be able to hang right over existing picture frames, for temporary display.
 These are dollar store boxes, I had on hand, I'm sure you might just have a stash left over from the holidays.




So I've been on a collage art kick lately and it would only be fitting that my kids do the same.
So we used our blank canvas to create letter collages.


I wrote their initials on the box
 We cut out some brightly colored patterned pieces of paper from magazines and left over scrap and glued onto our written letters.


This is a great activity to do when teaching your preschoolers the alphabet.


Happy Crafting!


Linking up @

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

great idea - can't wait to try it!