Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

My inspiration comes in spurts but so does my free time to craft, so you can imagine my joy after finally finishing a wreath I started 2 days ago. But this is not a tutorial on how to make a wreath but rather a neat and easy way I discovered to make flowers(and I'm not trying to take any credit if someone else has done this before me)

So here's a tip don't just reuse or re purpose your food jars, but save those lids too!

As you can see below using crepe paper( party streamers whatever you call them) I began a rolled flower and hot glued it to a lid.



Then just glue, twist and roll


glue, twist and roll


and glue and twist and roll covering all the edges of your jar.
I wish I had taken a pic of what that looks like too.


 Voila a beautifully and easy rosette covered lid. The difference between this method is it's a lot easy to handle holding the lid than just the paper and the flower becomes a bit 2 dimensional.
Fun right!

I made a couple more using ribbon, and twine although it's hard to tell on the photo.
Then glued them altogether.

Now onto my wreath!



What do you think?
I'd love to see what you can do with these cute rosette covered lids.


Linking up @
Be Different Act Normal

4 comments:

Maria said...

What a clever idea, I love it! So much easier to make a rosette on a hard surface like this! Thanks for sharing this tip!!!!

The Old-Fashioned Housewife said...

Now that is awesome- a craft that is both beautiful AND something I can actually see myself making (I am craft-challenged!). Thanks, Ill have to pin that!

Also, I love finding new Christian bloggers with little kids, so Ill be following you. Blessings!

Kristin said...

I love it!!! You're a genius =)

Visiting from Someday Crafts

Mackenzie said...

This is such a beautiful wreath. I love the simplicity and elegance of it. Thank you for sharing this on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back this week.
-Mackenzie
http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com