Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spring Fever

Spring has always been the time of the year when I do my most crafting, it's a time where life slows down just enough for me to do what I love. So with the really mild winter we've had, I was inspired to get crafting just a little bit early.  Although it's not too wintry outside our dining room table looks pretty cold and barren these days.


Boring right!

.
I love flowers but
1. don't know enough about them to grow them
and 
2. don't have the money to always buy them.
That being said, I've come across this project a few times on different sites, and decided to try it for myself.
So this is what I came up with


The vase was just a spray painted old one I had gotten from a get well soon bouquet.


Here's what you need:


Crepe streamer roll
(your choice of color)
scissors
hot glue gun
(and the glue of course)
 branches 
(that one is super free around here) 

Step 1:
Cut your crepe paper
 unfortunately for you, I'm terrible at taking measurements
I use the "just eyeball it" method a lot.
But if I had to guess I'd say inch and a half squares.
What ever looks good to you.
 Step 2:
Fold over one corner to make a triangle.

 Step 3:
Pinch it from the center of the folded side and just kinda gather it.
if it looks something like this
your half way done!


Step 4:
Put a dab of glue wherever you want there to be a blossom


It adds just enough, color and fullness to the table.
Can't wait till Spring!



Happy Crafting!

         L

Linking up @

Tip Junkie handmade projects


http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/" target="_blank">http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb119/tightwadtips/SCCTTBadge.png" border="0" alt="shabby creek cottage" />





1 comment:

VintageMauve.com said...

For such a simple proejct, this sure adds a lot of ooomph!

Hope you'll link up to my new link party!

Mauvin' Monday at Vintage Mauve

Cheers,
Jessica