Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Simply Love

So my husband and I have been  working on our bedroom redo slowly but surely, cause projects in this house can take a while. 
It's not that the kids/or life that are interrupting the project, its the project that is interrupting our life,
(I got that one from Michelle Duggar on last night's episode of 19 Kids and Counting.)
We'll be celebrating 10 years of marriage next month and  we really want our bedroom to always be our sanctuary, our "Boudoir of Love" so I re-purposed this wall plaque, because I'm kinda of over the abstract art thing (at least the bright bold colored stuff)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
(no offense to anyone who may own this)
Our decorating style is just evolving into less is more. So first things first I cleaned it up and made a blank slate.
Upon one of my many unsuccessful trips to the Goodwill, I found these for a couple of bucks, which I wish now I had bought all of them.

Easy peasy! Peel and stick on the fabric then trim.


I know the burlap doesn't quite exude love and romance,but I like that it's frayed it reminds me that love is messy at times, it's not always easy to love, but you make it work.


And so I did, after priming and painting it a soothing blue color,  I simply peeled off the backing and stuck the letters on the plaque. I kinda of forgot to take pics of those steps, cause I was in a creative groove,  but you get the idea.
I still wasn't quite happy with it so I added, I mean I asked my husband to hammer in some metal tacks to give it a little more dimension.

What do you think?

Well I L.O.V.E it!


4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.
                                                                      1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Linking up @

http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2011/07/we-did-it-wednesday_12.html
http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/
http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-wrap-up-party-and-lily-bird.html