Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family 4th fun!

We began our weekend with the dreaded 6 hour car ride, sure it starts off great with lots of excitement, until we hit TRAFFIC
He's not as serious as he looks, at least not all the time!
And after about the 3rd hour in the car you have to get crazy, in order not to go MAD!

 So here's a tip when they get bored back there or start arguing, lower all the windows and let the fun begin.



Not only do they have a blast, it gets them tired so the fall asleep.

.


 One of the major highlights of our trip for my kids(I'm not gonna lie me too) is the 4th of July Parade that runs right past my MIL's house, it's really not a big deal but it's tradition.

I decided to take my crafting show on the road, and recruited some women in the family to make patriotic Pom Poms for the kids to wave.


                                            
It was a lot of trial and error but we finally came up with something which ended up being called


The Pom Pom Flower Wand!





**Disclaimer** from here on down are a ton of pics of family and friends, so I totally understand for those non family members reading this blog if you check out!

But as for me I will never get tired of viewing these, because with no family around us It's the only way I can hold them near, it maybe months sometimes years before we see some of them again.




















So to quote a Natalie Merchant song (if any of you even know who that is)
"These are days you remember" 


Hope yall had a wonderful holiday!

xoxo
Les
                                             
            

1 comment:

G. said...

I love the pom pom wands...and you have the most adorable kiddos, too. :) Looks like you had a great 4th of July.