Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

An Early Father's Day Tribute!

Two of the greatest examples of a man being a great father are my husband with our children and of course my own father.
My father has always been an absolutely excellent saver of anything, especially money.  For years he would toss his pocket change into this huge water jug(the kind used in water coolers)I'd sometimes even see $20 bills floating around in there, he'd just keep saving and saving. The only time I ever saw him take any money out was when his sister's home in Puerto Rico was destroyed by a hurricane, other than that he never touched it. We'd always ask him for some,but he'd always say it's for his sports car.

So one of the fondest memories I have of my father was during my wedding engagement.  I became overwhelmed with the planning, especially paying for the wedding. But one day I came home to find my parents sitting on the living room floor counting piles of change and dollar bills, when I asked what they were doing my mom said "your father is using it for your wedding". With tears streaming down my face and totally overjoyed, it was then that I realized how much he loved me, you see he is not my biological father, but has raised me from the age of five.
He has been more than just a stepfather but truly my DAD!

He was so serious walking me down the aisle, I know he was trying to keep his cool. I on the other was a mess by the time we had our father/daughter dance, which is why you don't see my face. 
Isn't he so handsome.  He got his sports car by the way!


Thank you for all you've done and all you continue you do as my dad, father-in-law and grandpa.




Happy Father's Day Dad I love you!

1 comment:

G. said...

I got a little teary-eyed over this, Leslie. What a beautiful story and tribute to your dad! Thanks for sharing. :)