Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Almost the Beach!

So excited for the first official day of summer to be here, so I thought I'd share with you what we've been up to around here. 
My wonderful husband wanted to create a beach inspired bedroom sanctuary for us, so his first project was whitewashing our wood floors.
And what an awesome job he did! I'm so thankful for him not only is he handy but artistic to boot!

Though it's not an impossible project, be prepared to put in a lot of elbow grease.
I wish I could tell you how it was done but my job in times like these is trying to entertain 3 children while blockading  the work zone that's so enticing to them.
 Maybe one day he'll be my guest blogger and give a tutorial on it.
Though our bedroom is still a work in progress,  I thought I'd get started on the finishing touches
(because I always get ahead of myself).
So I was inspired and made these little gems.



The painted bottle is nothing new but I thought I'd give them a little more personality, by adding some fabric.
Can't wait to show you what they'll look like in our new bedroom!

Happy Summer!
Linking up @

Tip Junkie handmade projects
 
Todays Creative Blog
 
 
 
 
 
a border="0" href="http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://hadfield.smugmug.com/photos/978446890_7b2ZN-O.png" />




Transformation Thursday

4 comments:

Debra said...

Your floors look great! It's hard to keep an eye on the kids AND DIY! I do lots of stuff at night because of that. Love your bottles, too. Great color.

Ty and Whitty said...

Those bottles are adorable! I found you through a linky party. Come and say hi I love visitors

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

Jess@Balancing The Dream said...

I love the textures you used on the bottles!!! nice touch!

Johnnie said...

Hi! Stopping by to invite you to link this up to Thrifty Thursdays. Blessings!

Johnnie