Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

It's more than just crafting for me....

If your looking for a tute you won't find one in today's post however I'd like to share something the Lord revealed to me. After coming off a crafting high over the weekend, I thought I could keep it going so I started a quickie project (you know when a crafty idea pops into your head at the most inconvenient time but you start it anyway.) Though I knocked it out in like 1o mins....



(I know there's nothing to it really)




...it wasn't quite finished cause the Lord was just getting started.



I began looking up the words woven,weave, intertwined, in my concordance(bible school days) which lead me to this passage of scripture in Exodus 35:25,26 & 29:


And every skillful women spun with her hands, and they all brought what they had spun in blue, and purple and scarlet yarns and fined twined linen. All the women who's heart stirred them to use their skill spun the goats hair.
All the men and women, the people of Israel, whose heart moved them to bring anything for the work that the Lord had commanded by Moses to be done brought it as a freewill offering to the Lord.


I've fallen in love with doing this (crafting, decor, art...)but I've not been able to really give it my all it's been merely a hobby and at times I'm even a bit envious of those women who've been able to make a career of it, how do they do it all, with KIDS no less! But anyway I've been praying about something that the Lord planted in my little heart, and this scripture has encouraged my spirit to continue doing it as onto Him, for His glory. And I can't really say to much more than this but God is gathering together a network of women that He wants to use and I'm please to say that I've been folded in there too! And little by little that secret desire in my heart may come to fruition.

So to you crafty ladies out there who may be feeling like me at times, be encouraged, remember to use what He has given you for His glory, as unto Him and He will bless it more than you could even do with just your hands.

God Bless!

Leslie

Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

Sarah, Three Boys said...

so cute! sometimes the simple things are what work!

Craftberry Bush said...

Thank you so much for this! I know that the Lord spoke
To you by but he also used you to get this message to me. So thank you . He is so amazing and he
Truly does work in mysterious ways!
Blessings!you have talent and soon
You'll put it to use.
Keep in touch friend!
Xo
Ps
The thought board is really sweet!