Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree la, la, la,la,la,la la

This past weekend we put up our Christmas tree, and it's my favorite so far.


So, if money's tight, you can still have a fabulous tree, just use what you got.(which has been my motto for the last year or so) This year I wanted a very colorful tree, I'm talking primary colors! I'm mean with 3 kids in the house you want it to be fun. So I had them gather some of their little toys and figures, while I sat in my comfy armchair and curled red, blue and a neon greenish-yellow gift ribbon I had on hand.



Once the colored light bulbs were on the tree, I told the kids to start trimming the tree with the toys they had gathered, along with some of those "special ornaments" collected from past years, and school crafts. Of course I had to do some editing because the whole bottom of the tree was decorated and not the top. Then I filled in the empty spots with bunches of the curled ribbon, topped with the star and voila!



Even Barbie and Ken got in on the act!



1 comment:

G. said...

What a great idea, leslie! We have had the same tree decorations from the year we got married. This is a great way to change it up. :)