Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sugar and spice...



As I stare into the sea of pink that is my daughters room, I realize that my first born baby girl is now going to be the eldest of not just two siblings, but the older sister to a baby sister. For five and three quarter years my brown eyed girl was always mommy and daddy's little princess, even after her brother came into the picture she reigned supreme in that title, so when asked what she wanted this baby to be, I was surprised as she confidently claimed "it's a girl, I want a sister". Did she really know what she was getting into, sisterhood is a dynamic I know nothing about. So, for the next few weeks I'm going to treasure the little moments of peeking into her room and hearing that little high pitched mousy voice as she pretend plays with Barbie and My Little Pony.

I'm so proud of you Gabi with all my love Mama.

No comments: